A moo-velously warm treat. This festive holiday dip is always the first to go so be sure to make an extra batch!
Ready In: 30 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 3/4 c onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves large garlic (minced)
- 2 T all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c low-salt chicken broth
- 10 oz package ready-to-use fresh spinach leaves
- 1 c artichoke hearts (drained & chopped)
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 t cayenne pepper
- baguette slices (toasted)
Melt butter with oil in a large, heavy pot over medium heat.
Add onion and garlic; sauté until onion is tender, about 6 minutes.
Add flour; stir 2 minutes.
Gradually whisk in stock; bring to boil, whisking constantly.
Cook until mixture thickens, stirring frequently, about 2 minutes.
Remove from heat.
Stir in spinach, artichoke hearts, cheese, yogurt and cayenne (spinach will wilt).
Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer dip to serving bowl.
Serve warm with toasted baguette slices.