For a bright green pop of color and a peppery counterpoint to the squash's sweetness, try stirring in some chopped fresh arugula or watercress.
Ready In: 1 hr 15 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 55 mins
Yields: 6 Servings
- 1 small butternut squash (about 1 ½ pounds, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 3 cloves garlic (with peel on)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t dried sage
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 2/3 c Stonyfield Organic Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 c chicken broth
- 1 package frozen cheese tortellini (22 ounces)
- 1 package Italian-style chicken sausage (12 ounces)
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
Heat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine squash, garlic, olive oil, ½ teaspoon of the salt, sage and pepper. Stir until well blended, and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for about 40 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring halfway through. Remove peel from garlic.
Transfer squash and garlic to a food processor and pulse until smooth. Add yogurt, broth and remaining ½ teaspoon salt to food processor and pulse until well blended.
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and reserve 1 cup pasta water. Cook sausage in a nonstick skillet for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and cut into ½-inch-thick slices. Place pasta and sausage in a large serving bowl and pour sauce over top. Stir until well blended adding pasta water if needed to thin sauce.