Delicious little hors d’oeuvres are moments away! This Smoked Salmon and Yogurt Cheese Canapés recipe is sure to wow at your next party, or at your next meal.
Use well-drained yogurt cheese for this recipe, optimally one that has drained for at least 24 hours. You want it to be very thick and dry.
Smoked Salmon and Yogurt Cheese Canapés
Delicious little appetizers are moments away! These Smoked Salmon and Yogurt Cheese Canapés are sure to wow at your next party, or at your next meal.
Ready In: 5 minutes
Prep: 5 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
Yields: 1 Cup
- 8 oz Yogurt Cheese
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh dill + more for garnish
- 1 Tbsp (or more) grated (prepared) horseradish
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, minced + more for garnish
- zest of half a lemon
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 6 oz smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- 12 slices cocktail (1 inch x 1 inch) pumpernickel bread
- 1 Tbsp capers, rinsed (optional)
In a small bowl, mix yogurt cheese, chopped dill, horseradish, chives, lemon zest, salt and pepper until smooth.
Spread about 1 teaspoon on each bread slice and top with smoked salmon.
Garnish with more dill, chives and capers, if desired.