This will make you feel you are in the Greek countryside under an olive tree. Lamb has an earthy rich flavor that is cut a bit when you add the sweet acidic yogurt mixture.
Ready In: 40 mins
Prep: 30 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- 4 lamb steaks 1' thick (1 per person, center cut sliced from lamb leg)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 T fresh rosemary (chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/4 c Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt (divided)
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- 1/3 c fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 English cucumber peeled and grated on largest holes of grater.
- 1/2 jar roasted red peppers (6-oz, drained and chopped)
In a small bowl combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper and 1/4 cup yogurt.
Rub lamb steaks with seasoning and marinade for 20 minutes.
Place lamb steaks on a hot grill and cook for about 5 minutes on each side (for medium-rare, 10 minutes on each side for well done).
In a small bowl, combine remaining yogurt, salt, pepper, mint, cucumber, celery salt and roasted red peppers.
Serve lamb and garnish with yogurt sauce.