This is a very relaxed and trendy dish.
Ready In: 2 hr 15 mins
Prep: 2 hrs
Cook: 15 mins
Yields: 4 Servings
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 T apple cider
- 2 T whiskey
- 1 1/2 T dried oregano
- 1/3 c pitted kalamata olives (cut in half)
- 6 oz Gouda cheese (cut into 1/2 inch to 1 inch cubes)
- fresh ground pepper to taste and for garnish small skewers (about 4 inches long)
In a bowl, place Gouda cheese cubes, olive oil, vinegar, apple cider, whiskey, salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon oregano.
Mix and marinate for 2 hours.
Separate cheese from marinate.
Blend yogurt into marinade and adjust seasoning if needed.
Pour into a small serving cup.
Skewer one cheese cube with one piece of kalamata olive and place it on a serving platter.
Assemble about 10 skewers.
Place the remaining cheese cubes and kalamata olives on the same platter.
Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon of oregano over the cheese and olives and serve with whiskey yogurt sauce.