There is something so refreshing about a crisp salad on a warm spring day. It feels good to eat a light and refreshing meal after the heavy, hearty dishes of winter. This can either be a starter or a light lunch.
Ready In: 30 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Yields: 6 Servings
- 3 T champagne vinegar
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 t minced shallot
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t Freshly ground pepper
- 1 t chopped fresh dill
- 2 t chopped fresh chives (divided)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 2 lb asparagus (2 bunches, woody ends snapped off and discarded)
- 1 head frisee lettuce (cored, washed, and torn into bite sized pieces)
- 4 c of mixed baby greens
- 16 oz smoked salmon (two 8oz packages, cut into strips)
- 6 hard boiled eggs cut in wedges
In mixing bowl, add vinegar, mustard, shallot, lemon zest, salt, pepper, dill, and chives. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Then whisk in yogurt and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 375°. Place cubed bread on sheet pan and toast until golden brown, flipping bread half way through to toast evenly (about 8-10 minutes). In a large pot, bring water, seasoned with salt, to a boil. Add Asparagus and cook until tender (about 4-5 minutes). Remove asparagus and plunge into ice water to stop asparagus from cooking. Slice asparagus in thirds.
In a serving bowl arrange frisee, add croutons, salmon, field greens, asparagus, and eggs. Drizzle salad with yogurt dressing and sprinkle with remaining chives.