Here, sweet fall apples and smoky bacon mellow out the slightly bitter sprouts. You can make this into a hearty main dish by stirring in sliced turkey kielbasa and caraway seeds and serving it alongside some crusty bread.
Ready In: 45 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Nonfat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 c apple cider vinegar
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 6 slices bacon (cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices)
- 4 c green cabbage (thinly sliced)
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts (trimmed and thinly sliced from top to bottom)
- 2 Gala apples (cored and cut into 1/4-inch pieces)
- 3/4 c chopped walnuts (toasted)
Stir together yogurt, vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper; set aside.
Heat a large, deep nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook bacon 10 minutes or until crispy. Remove bacon from skillet using a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate. Add green cabbage and Brussels sprouts to pan and toss until coated with bacon drippings. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Remove lid, reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring often, for an additional 4 minutes. Stir in apple and cook 4 minutes.
Remove contents of the skillet to a serving bowl and let cool for 10 minutes. Stir in prepared dressing, reserved bacon and walnuts. Serve immediately.