White Bean Salad with Zucchini & Chicken
Here’s a perfect dish to bring along to an end-of-summer picnic or barbecue. The bright lemony flavor and warm scent of thyme will make this entree salad hard to resist!
- 3/4 c Stonyfield Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice and zest only)
- 2 t fresh thyme leaves (chopped)
- 3 zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds, trimmed, quartered lengthwise, and diagonally cut into 1/4-inch slices)
- 3/4 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 cn cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 c cooked chicken (chopped)
Calories: 220, Calories from Fat: 80, Total Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 2.5g, Cholesterol: 40mg, Sodium: 420mg, Total Carbohydrate: 16g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 219g, Vitamin A: 6%, Vitamin C: 40%, Calcium: 15%, Iron: 10%
Stir together yogurt, Parmesan, 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and thyme; set aside. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and cook for about 6 minutes or until golden brown.
Meanwhile, place beans and chicken in a serving bowl. Remove zucchini from heat and stir into bean mixture until well combined. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Drizzle with prepared dressing and gently stir until well blended. Serve immediately.