These flavorful kabobs are simply great. Try substituting in some of your favorite veggies or even smoked tofu.
Ready In: 30 mins
Prep: 20 mins
Cook: 5 mins
Yields: 6 Servings
- 1 red or yellow pepper (cut in 1 inch cubes)
- 1 small red onion (peeled halved and cut in thick wedges)
- 1 medium zucchini (cut in half lengthwise and then into 6 equal pieces)
- 8 oyster mushrooms (or 6 medium button mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed)
- 1 lb extra firm tofu (cut in 3/4 inch cubes)
- 2 bunch scallion (cut in to 1 inch pieces)
- 2 t fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 t garlic (minced)
- 2 t curry powder
- 2 T scallion green part
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
Thread veggies and tofu onto either 6 or 12 skewers depending on length alternating colors and tastes.
Combine ginger, garlic, curry, scallions, salt and yogurt in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender purée to a smooth consistency.
Use approx 1/2 the sauce as a marinade for the skewers.
Get your grill ready and when you have a good medium high heat going, brush grill clean and lightly oil.
Remove skewers from marinade and cook until nicely seared on both sides and tender, approx 4-5 minutes.
Use remaining sauce to drizzle over skewers before serving.