This soup is a "moovelous" way of using spare pumpkins bought for Halloween.
Ready In: 40 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yields: 6 Servings
- 2 lb pumpkin (seeded and chopped)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 t turmeric
- 1 t sugar
- 1 pinch nutmeg (freshly grated)
- 2 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk
- 2 t flour
- 1 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt (plus extra for garnish)
- toasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
Place the pumpkin, onion, turmeric, sugar, nutmeg and milk in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Blend the flour with a little yogurt.
Add to the soup with the remaining yogurt.
Bring to a simmer, although do not boil.
To serve, garnish with toasted pumpkin seeds and a swirl of yogurt.