Adding yogurt to chili makes it rich and creamy. Once you’ve tried our recipe, it will be the only chili you'll want to make.
Adding yogurt to chili makes it rich and creamy. Once you've tried our recipe, it will be the only chili you'll want to make.
Ready In: 1 hour 5 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 50 minutes
Yields: 8 Servings
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 large red onions (chopped)
- 4 poblano chilies
- 4 jalapeños
- 32 oz small white beans (4 - 8oz cans, drained)
- 2 bunches fresh cilantro
- 2 tsp ground hot red pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp white pepper
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 2 Tbsp cumin
- 1/2 c light vegetable oil (divided)
- 2 c tomatillos (chopped)
- 3 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Smooth & Creamy Plain
- 1 lb center cut pork roast (1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage (remove casing)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
In large soup pot sauté garlic, red onions, poblano chilies, jalapenos, and tomotillos in 1/4 cup of vegetable oil for about 15 minutes.
In separate pan sauté, brown cubes of pork in 1/4 cup of vegetable oil.
Add sausage and ground beef until browned.
Add chili powder, cumin, hot red pepper, salt and white pepper.
Add browned meat and beans to soup pot.
Let simmer 30 minutes.
Fold in Fresh Cilantro.
Reduce heat and add yogurt.