Here is a perfect side dish to bring to a summer potluck or barbecue. Its bright colors and fresh flavors make this salad hard to resist!
Ready In: 25 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 15 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 8 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 c of Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk
- 6 oz of Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t black pepper
- 1 lb of green beans (trimmed and halved)
- 1 lb of yellow wax beans (trimmed and halved)
- 1/2 c roasted red peppers (chopped)
- 8 oz small fresh mozzarella balls (ciliegine, drained and quartered)
- 2 T chopped parsley
Place garlic cloves and milk in a small saucepan; bring to a simmer over low heat. Poach garlic for about 10 minutes or until softened. Carefully transfer hot garlic and milk mixture to a blender and pulse until well blended. Stir together garlic mixture with yogurt, vinegar, shallot, salt and pepper; set aside.
Bring a large pot of salted water to boil. Add the green and wax beans to the pot and cook for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain well and rinse with cold water; let cool to room temperature.
In a large bowl, combine beans with roasted red peppers, mozzarella and parsley. Drizzle with reserved dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.