A perfect blend of sweetness and spice.
Gingerbread Cake with Yogurt Cream
Ready In: 55 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 40 minutes
Yields: 12 Servings
- 1/2 c butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1 c molasses
- 1 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Smooth & Creamy Vanilla Yogurt
- 2 c flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 eggs (beaten)
Stonyfield Organic Yogurt Cream
- 1 cStonyfield Organic Heavy Whipping Cream (well-chilled)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Vanilla Yogurt
Preheat the oven to 425°.
In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Add the molasses and mix well. Stir in yogurt. In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda, ginger and cinnamon. Gradually stir dry ingredients into yogurt mixture. Stir in eggs.
Pour the batter into a well-greased 9x13-inch pan. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool slightly.
In a large bowl, beat cream with confectioner's sugar until it holds soft peaks and beat in yogurt.
Serve gingerbread warm or at room temperature. Top with yogurt cream.