Here, fresh sweet peach and bright basil flavors come together in a simple, delicious—and visually stunning—summer dessert. Go ahead and make extra Basil Whipped Topping; it’s also great served with other fruit desserts.
Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
Prep: 20 mins.
Cook: 20 mins
Yields: 8 Slices
- 3 ripe peaches (pitted and cut into 1/2-inch pieces )
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c fine yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 c cake flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 4 T unsalted butter (1/2 stick, softened)
- 1/4 c raw almonds (finely ground in a food processor)
- 1 1/4 c confectioners' sugar
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c Stonyfield Organic Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 T sugar
- 1/2 t vanilla extract
- 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 1/3 c basil (finely chopped)
Heat oven to 350°. Coat a 9-inch round cake pan with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, stir together the chopped peaches and sugar; set aside.
Whisk together the cornmeal, flour and baking powder.
Combine the butter and ground almonds in a bowl and beat on high speed until well blended. Add in confectioners sugar and vanilla; beat on high speed 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks and eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add in yogurt and beat until combined. Beat in flour mixture on low speed until just combined.
Transfer batter to prepared cake pan; smooth top. Drain peach mixture and sprinkle over top of batter. Bake at 350° for about 43 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in the center tests clean. Remove to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes. Remove cake from pan and let cool completely.
Whip all ingredients to desired consistency and dollop onto cake slices.