Enjoy this tasty and crunchy turkey salad that is low in fat and calories. Plus it’s a great way to use up that leftover turkey meat.
Crunchy Turkey Salad On Greens
Enjoy this tasty and crunchy turkey salad that is low in fat and calories. Plus it's a great way to use up that leftover turkey meat.
Ready In: 20 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 0 minutes
Yields: 4 Servings
- 2 c turkey meat (cubed)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (or substitute)
- 2 Tbsp capers (chopped with some juice)
- 1/3 c celery (diced)
- 1/3 c red onion (diced)
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small gala apple (peeled and diced)
- 1/2 c dried cranberries (chopped)
- parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup pine nuts (toasted, or substitute)
- 1 oz Stonyfield Organic 0% Fat Smooth & Creamy Plain Yogurt
- 4 c mixed field greens
Mix all ingredients gently in a large bowl except the yogurt.
Start mixing the yogurt to the turkey mixture one tablespoon at a time and mixing at each addition until desired quantity.
To give a French taste to the salad, add 1 teaspoon Djion Mustard to the yogurt before adding to the turkey mixture.
Serve on a bed of mixed field greens and enjoy.