There is something so refreshing about a crisp salad on a warm spring day. It feels good to eat a light and refreshing meal after the heavy, hearty dishes of winter. This can either be a starter or a light lunch.
- 3 T champagne vinegar
- 1/2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 t minced shallot
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- 3/4 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t Freshly ground pepper
- 1 t chopped fresh dill
- 2 t chopped fresh chives (divided)
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 2 lb asparagus (2 bunches, woody ends snapped off and discarded)
- 1 head frisee lettuce (cored, washed, and torn into bite sized pieces)
- 4 c of mixed baby greens
- 16 oz smoked salmon (two 8oz packages, cut into strips)
- 6 hard boiled eggs cut in wedges
Calories: 550, Calories from Fat: 200, Total Fat: 24g, Saturated Fat: 5g, Cholesterol: 330mg, Sodium: 550mg, Total Carbohydrate: 24g, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 8g, Protein: 60g
In mixing bowl, add vinegar, mustard, shallot, lemon zest, salt, pepper, dill, and chives. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Then whisk in yogurt and refrigerate.
Preheat oven to 375°. Place cubed bread on sheet pan and toast until golden brown, flipping bread half way through to toast evenly (about 8-10 minutes). In a large pot, bring water, seasoned with salt, to a boil. Add Asparagus and cook until tender (about 4-5 minutes). Remove asparagus and plunge into ice water to stop asparagus from cooking. Slice asparagus in thirds.
In a serving bowl arrange frisee, add croutons, salmon, field greens, asparagus, and eggs. Drizzle salad with yogurt dressing and sprinkle with remaining chives.