This Greek Yogurt Mac’n Cheese is so rich and creamy, it will be your family’s new favorite.
This Greek Yogurt Mac'n Cheese is so rich and creamy, it will be your family's new favorite.
Ready In: 30 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 medium Spanish onion (diced)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 cStonyfield Organic milk
- 1 tsp Tabasco or similar
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c chicken or vegetable stock (optional)
- 3/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 lb Jack cheese of other favorite (shredded)
- 2 cStonyfield Organic Greek plain Whole Milk yogurt
- 16 oz pasta macaroni (cooked per instructions and set aside)
- 1/2 c seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and white pepper (to taste)
In a sauce pan, melt butter slowly and add diced onions and saute lightly for about 2 minutes.
Strain onions out (you can discard them now) and return butter to pan.
Add olive oil and flour and whisk until fully combined.
Add milk 1 cup at a time and whisk to work out any lumps.
Bring to simmer.
Add spices and gently fold in cheeses then set aside to cool slightly.
Once slightly cooled, add in yogurt one cup at a time.
Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and Parmesan before serving.