This Cocoa Cake has a sublime blend of spices and chocolate. It is so moist that it needs no topping, and it’s still wonderful the next day.
This Cocoa Cake has a sublime blend of spices and chocolate. It is so moist that it needs no topping, and it's still wonderful the next day.
Ready In: 1 hour 25 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 1 hour 10 minutes
Yields: 16 Slices
- 1 c butter (room temperature)
- 1 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 c SStonyfield Organic Whole Milk Smooth & Creamy Plain
- 3 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 2 c grated baking apples (squeezed to remove excess liquid)
- 1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
Mix together the butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy.
Add the vanilla and yogurt, stirring until smooth.
Mix in the dry ingredients.
Fold in the apples, nuts, and morsels.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the cake for 60-70 minutes.
Turn the cake out and continue cooling it on a wire rack.