This is a sublime blend of spices and chocolate. It is so moist that it needs no topping, and it’s still wonderful the next day.
Ready In: 1 hr 25 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 70 mins
Yields: 16 Slices
- 1 c butter (room temperature)
- 1 c sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 T vanilla
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 3 c unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3 T cocoa
- 1 t baking soda
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1 t allspice
- 2 c grated baking apples (squeezed to remove excess liquid)
- 1 c chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 325°.
Grease and flour a 10-inch bundt pan.
Mix together the butter, sugar, and eggs until fluffy.
Add the vanilla and yogurt, stirring until smooth.
Mix in the dry ingredients.
Fold in the apples, nuts, and morsels.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
Bake the cake for 60-70 minutes.
Turn the cake out and continue cooling it on a wire rack.