- 1 medium Spanish onion (diced)
- 4 T butter
- 2 T olive oil
- 1/2 c flour
- 2 c Stonyfield Organic Milk
- 1 t Tabasco or similar
- 1 t dry mustard powder
- 1 t Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 c chicken or vegetable stock (optional)
- 3/4 lb sharp cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 lb Jack cheese of other favorite (shredded)
- 2 c Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Whole Milk Yogurt
- 16 oz pasta macaroni (cooked per instructions and set aside)
- 1/2 c seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 c grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and white pepper (to taste)
In a sauce pan, melt butter slowly and add diced onions and saute lightly for about 2 minutes.
Strain onions out (you can discard them now) and return butter to pan.
Add olive oil and flour and whisk until fully combined.
Add milk 1 cup at a time and whisk to work out any lumps.
Bring to simmer.
Add spices and gently fold in cheeses then set aside to cool slightly.
Once slightly cooled, add in yogurt one cup at a time.
Pour over pasta and toss to coat.
Garnish with toasted bread crumbs and Parmesan before serving.