For most people, enjoying fresh picked corn means boiling or grilling it. Nothing compares to the crisp and sweet taste of the first corn of summer right off the cob.
- 1/3 c fresh lime juice (approximately 3 limes)
- 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 1/4 c olive oil
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1 t salt
- 1/8 t ground cayenne pepper
- 1 can cannellini beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 can chick peas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 1/2 c fresh corn kernels (uncooked - approx. 3 medium-sized ears of corn)
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted and diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 6 green onions (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 c chopped fresh cilantro
Calories: 320, Calories from Fat: 140, Total Fat: 15g, Total Fat Percent: 23%, Saturated Fat: 2g, Saturated Fat Percent: 10%, Sodium: 630mg, Sodium Percent: 26%, Total Carbohydrate: 35g, Total Carbohydrate Percent: 12%, Dietary Fiber: 8g, Dietary Fiber Percent: 32%, Sugars: 8g, Protein: 14g, Vitamin A: 25%, Vitamin C: 70%, Calcium: 10%, Iron: 15%
In a small bowl combine lime juice, yogurt, olive oil, garlic, salt, and cayenne pepper. Fold together until ingredients are well mixed.
In a salad bowl, combine beans, corn, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, green onions, and cilantro. Pour yogurt-lime dressing over the salad. Stir salad to coat vegetables and beans with dressing, and serve.