Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 10-12 SLICES
Cook Time: 1 HOUR
- 2 cups zucchini, grated (1-2 medium sized zucchinis)
- 1+1/2 cups coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Greek Plain Yogurt
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- coconut oil spray
- Use mixer to prepare batter. Whisk together eggs, sugar, and yogurt until light and smooth – approx. 5 minutes.
- Trim ends of zucchini. Grate using large holes on box grater.
- Place 2 cups zucchini shreds in a dish towel or cheese cloth, add a pinch of salt and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Into the batter, add in spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, vanilla extract, walnuts and pinch of salt.
- Fold in zucchini. Mix by hand to combine.
- Use oil or spray to coat loaf pans. Fill pans ⅔ with batter.
- Bake zucchini walnut bread for approx 60 minutes at 350˚F or until knife comes out cleanly.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!