Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 1 HOUR + 20 MINUTES
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 2 jalapeños
- 3/4 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Smooth & Creamy Plain, additional yogurt for topping
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 small shallot
- 1 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 small bunch cilantro de-stemmed and chopped roughly
- olive oil
- ground pepper
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes: Preheat oven to 425° F.
- After using a fork to poke a few steam holes in the skins, tightly wrap each sweet potato in aluminum foil. Bake for 60 minutes, or until tender. Cool for a few minutes before handling.
- Remove foil, and cut potatoes in half, lengthwise. Scoop out a majority of flesh, and place in large bowl. Set aside potato skins.
- Place jalapeños over an open flame, and allow to blister for about 4 minutes, rotating every 30 seconds. Allow to cool. Using a dish towel, rub off the charred skins. De-stem, and scoop out seeds and inner, light-colored flesh. Dice jalapeños.
- Fold in diced jalapeños and yogurt to sweet potato flesh.
- Fill potato skins with mixture. Drizzle on olive oil, and sprinkle on ground pepper.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden.
- Avocado Pomegranate Relish: Mince shallot. In a small bowl, combine with apple cider vinegar.
- Fold in avocado, pomegranate seeds and cilantro.
- Garnish sweet potatoes with a dollop of yogurt and a scoop of avocado-pomegranate relish.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!