Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 35 MINUTES
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 10oz package sliced mushrooms (if slices are thick, rough chop)
- 1 16oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 16 oz salsa verde (or any salsa you like)
- About 1 /4 cup Stonyfield Organic Greek plain Whole Milk yogurt
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- For Garnish: sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes and/or cilantro leaves.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute onion in 2 tsp oil in a large oven-safe skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until all the veggies have softened and their liquid begins to evaporate.
- Place frozen spinach in a colander and rinse with warm water. Squeeze as much water as you can from the spinach, then add to the onion/mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove veggies to a large plate to cool for 2 minutes.
- Place yogurt in a large mixing bowl; stir the veggies into the yogurt until combined.
- Pour about 1/2 cup salsa mixture in the bottom of the skillet (no need to clean first). Place 3-4 tortillas on top of the salsa. Spread some of the yogurt/veggie mixture on top of the tortillas then pour another 1/2 cup sauce over the tortillas. Repeat these layers one more time. Pour remaining salsa mixture on top tortilla layer and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until enchiladas are bubbling and cheese is browned.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then serve spinach and mushroom enchiladas with dollops of yogurt, sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes and/or cilantro leaves.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!