Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 15 MINUTES
- ½ cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk
- 4 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 Tbsp fine cornmeal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp organic granulated sugar
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Stonyfield Organic Greek plain Whole Milk yogurt
- Fresh fruit, to serve
- Preheat waffle iron.
- In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, egg yolks, milk, and butter.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry, and mix with a rubber spatula, just until combined.
- Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks. Usually takes about 5 minutes of whisking. Fold whipped whites into the mixed batter.
- Spray preheated waffle iron with baking spray. Cook waffles according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Serve pumpkin waffles warm with Stonyfield yogurt and fruit. Chef's Note: Freeze cooled waffles to enjoy throughout the week. To re-heat, place frozen waffle into toaster oven for 5-7 minutes.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!