Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 1 HOUR
- 3 cups Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Smooth & Creamy Plain (to yield 1 cup yogurt cheese*)
- 2 8oz packages lowfat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 cups ginger snaps (crumbled)
- 1/3 stick unsalted butter (melted)
- *For Yogurt Cheese: Using a yogurt cheese maker or layered cheese cloth, strain the whey from the yogurt for 3-6 hours in the refrigerator. This should yield 1 cup of yogurt cheese.
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- For the crust, mix ginger snaps and butter together and press into the bottom of an ungreased 8-inch springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl or mixer, cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Add eggs, vanilla, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and yogurt cheese and mix until well combined.
- Spoon mixture onto the crust.
- Bake cheesecake in a warm water bath by placing the pan in a 9x13-inch baking dish and filling the dish with water so that it comes half way up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes, being careful not to open the door while baking.
- Turn off the oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes with door ajar.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and bath dish and continue to cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate before serving.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!