Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
- 1 lb fettuccine
- 8 slices bacon (cut into 1-inch pieces*)
- 3 large eggs (beaten to blend)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 1/2 cups frozen artichoke hearts (thawed, quartered)
- 1 tsp dried crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 cups Stonyfield Organic Greek plain Whole Milk yogurt
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Cook al dente.
- Drain, reserve 2 cups of pasta water.
- In a large fry pan cook bacon to a crisp.
- Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel.
- Combine eggs, 1 cup of the pasta water, yogurt, and parmesan.
- Whisk together.
- Add 1/4 cup of olive oil to bacon grease on medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and artichoke hearts.
- Sauté until garlic is cooked.
- Add pasta and bacon and stir until pasta is coated with oil.
- Slowly whisk egg mixture into pasta, adding more pasta water if needed.
- Add parsley, red pepper, black pepper, and salt. Mix.
- Place pasta carbonara on serving platter and garnish with parsley leaves.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!