Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
- 4 shallots (sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 8 slices of good quality smoked bacon cut into 1/4 inch pieces cooked to crisp and drained
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield Organic 0% Fat Greek Plain
- 1/2 cup blue cheese
- 2 lb mussels (scrubbed and beards removed)
- In the bottom of a 5 quart pot slowly heat oil, butter, shallots and garlic.
- When shallots and garlic are clear, add mussels, white wine, yogurt, blue cheese, bacon and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium high.
- When mussels open remove from heat.
- Discard any mussels that do not open.
- Stir and serve .
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!