Prep Time: 25
Serves: 1 TORTE
Cook Time: 40 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 stick unsalted butter (cut into small pieces, plus more for the pan)
- 12 oz bittersweet chocolate (chopped)
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Lightly butter the bottom and side of a 9-inch springform pan. Combine the chocolate and 1 1/2 sticks butter in a heat proof bowl. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water) and stir until melted and combined. Remove the bowl from the saucepan and let cool slightly.
- Add and beat the eggs, one at a time, into the yogurt. Beat with a mixer on medium-high speed until thick, 5 to 8 minutes. In a separate bowl mix the baking power, sugar and salt and slowly add to the yogurt/egg mixture until well incorporated.
- Gently fold half of the chocolate into the egg mixture until just combined; then fold in the rest of the chocolate. Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan, placing a baking tray underneath (it may leak for the first few minutes). Bake the torte until the top is no longer shiny and barely moves and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely in the pan. Remove the springform ring and transfer flourless chocolate torte to a platter.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!