Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Greek plain Whole Milk yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly grease cupcake tins or two 8-inch cake pans.
- In a mixing bowl add oil and the sugar.
- Using a hand mixer on medium speed, cream the oil and sugar until well combined, for about 30 seconds, stopping occasionally to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat for about 30 seconds until light and fluffy, stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the vanilla extract and the yogurt.
- Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, until well creamed and smooth, stopping once to scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda and sift in to the creamed mixture and mix on low speed for about 45 seconds, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides of the bowl, until the mixture is well blended.
- Pour into greased cupcake tins, filling each tin half way or divide between two cake pans.
- Bake 15-20 minutes for cupcakes or 25-35 minutes for cake, until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pans on a wire rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool completely before finishing with your favorite frosting, we recommend butter cream frosting
- Makes 12 cupcakes or one cake with 12-15 servings.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!