Prep Time: 5 MINUTES
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
- 16 oz Macaroni or cavatappi noodles
- 4 cups Baby spinach leaves (or chopped standard spinach)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 8 oz High quality sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp Ground mustard
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- Heat a large pot of salted boiling water. Cook the pasta until al dente according to the package instructions. Prepare a colander in the sink and place the baby spinach leaves in the colander. When the pasta is done, remove from the heat and drain the pasta into the colander, allowing the boiling water to wilt the spinach.
- Meanwhile, mince the garlic and grate the cheddar and Parmesan cheese.
- When the pasta is finished, heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet and add the ground mustard, turmeric, and garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant. Add the pasta and spinach to the skillet and stir until evenly coated.
- Add the cheddar and Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until cheese is melted and evenly distributed. Sprinkle on the kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper. Remove the pasta from the heat and stir in the yogurt. Serve warm. Chef's Note: To reheat the creamy yogurt turmeric mac and cheese, place it in a skillet, add a splash of milk, and stir until creamy. (Ratio: about 1 cup mac and cheese to 1 tablespoon milk)
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!