Prep Time: 20 MINUTES
Cook Time: 50 MINUTES
- 2 oz dried porcini mushrooms
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (thinly sliced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lb white mushrooms (cleaned and sliced)
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 1/3 cup Stonyfield Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 cans petite diced tomatoes (14.5 ounces each, drained)
- 2 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- Soak the dried mushrooms in 1 cup hot water for 20 minutes or until plump.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, thyme and pepper to pot and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Increase heat to high and add white mushrooms to pot. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken broth, plumped mushrooms and mushroom soaking liquid. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes. Carefully transfer soup to blender and puree until smooth, working in batches if necessary.
- Add yogurt and cream to blender and puree until well blended. Return soup to pot and stir in tomatoes and rice; cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve creamy mushroom soup with tomatoes & wild rice hot.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!