Prep Time: 25 MINUTES
Serves: 20 MINUTES
Cook Time: 4 SERVINGS
for the dough
- 1 cup all purpose or white whole wheat flour, plus more for dusting (5 oz)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic 0% plain Greek yogurt (drained if there’s any liquid)
for the filling
- 8 oz organic grilled chicken breast, sliced (abut 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
for the egg wash
- 1 large egg
- sesame seeds
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk well.
- Add the yogurt and mix with a fork or spatula until well combined, it will look like small crumbles.
- Lightly dust flour on a work surface and remove dough from the bowl, knead the dough a few times until smooth, not lumps. The dough will be tacky, but not sticky, about 20 turns (it should not leave dough on your hand when you pull away).
- Preheat the oven 425 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with a silicone mat.
- Once out of oven, divide into 4 equal balls, about 3-3/8 ounces each.
- Lightly sprinkle a work surface and rolling pin with flour and roll the dough out into thin rounds, 7 inches in diameter.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of marinara down the center of the circle in a strip, top with 1/2 cup of the chicken (2 oz) 1 tablespoon more marinara sauce and 3 tablespoons of cheese.
- Fold the right side of the dough over the top of the chicken then repeat with the left side.
- Brush the top with egg wash and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake until golden, 20 minutes. Serve hot.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!