Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Cook Time: 20 MINUTES
- 2 1/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup diced walnuts
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Smooth & Creamy Vanilla Yogurt
- 1 cup grated carrots
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a standard 12-well muffin pan or use paper muffin cups (but grease the inside of those too).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients and then add the nuts.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and yogurt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
- Add the grated carrots, and stir to combine.
- Fill the muffin cups until quite full.
- Bake the muffins for around 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean.
- Remove the carrot spice muffins from the oven, and cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!