Prep Time: 10 MINUTES
Serves: 6 SERVINGS
Cook Time: 50 MINUTES
- 12 large eggs
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano or Parmigiano Reggiano, plus more for serving
- 1 1/4 cups Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Greek Yogurt, divided
- 2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, plus more for serving
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, cheese, ¾ cup yogurt, pepper, and salt until incorporated. Set aside.
- Trim the cauliflower into florets; discard any tough parts of the stem. Chop the cauliflower into small pieces.
- Set a large ovenproof skillet (preferably cast iron) over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil; once it starts to shimmer, add the cauliflower, stir to coat, and let cook undisturbed for 3 to 4 minutes, or until it starts to brown.
- Stir and cook for a few more minutes to increase the browning. Give the cauliflower one last stir and transfer the pan to the oven.
- Roast until the it’s browned all over, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet back to the stovetop (carefully; it will be hot!) and decrease the oven to 300 degrees F. This can be done ahead, or you can just pause and wait for the oven to cool down.
- Set the skillet over medium-high heat.
- Pour in the egg mixture and cook undisturbed for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until the edges are just beginning to set.
- Return to oven and bake the frittata until the top-center is just set, 25 to 30 minutes.
- While it bakes, zest half of the lemon and combine it with the remaining ½ cup yogurt.
- Season frittata generously with black pepper.
- Slice warm, directly from the skillet, or wait for the pan to cool down, set a large platter over the pan, and carefully invert it.
- Just before serving, toss the arugula with a bit of lemon juice (2 teaspoons or so).
- Serve slices of the Cacio e Pepe Frittata with about 1 generous tablespoon of lemony yogurt and top with the arugula salad; finish with black pepper and freshly grated Parmesan.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!