Prep Time: 23 MINUTES
Serves: 2 DOZEN
Cook Time: 12 MINUTES
- 4 cups of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Greek plain Whole Milk yogurt (separated into ½ cup each)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and soda, salt, and nutmeg.
- Cream together butter, sugar and 1/2 cup Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt and egg. Then add additional 1/2 cup of Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt and vanilla extract. Gradually add dry mixture until stiff dough is formed.
- Form into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Roll out dough to 1/4 inch thick, cut with cookie cutters. (The thicker the dough, the fluffier the cookie).
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes. Cool button sugar cookies and frost.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!