Prep Time: 18 MINUTES
Serves: 4 DOZEN
Cook Time: 12 MINUTES
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup Stonyfield Organic 0% Fat Greek Plain
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Cream the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar together in the bowl of a stand mixer fit with the paddle attachment for 3 minutes on medium-high speed. Add the egg and the yogurt, and continue mixing for another 2 minutes.
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder together in a separate bowl. With the mixer set on low, slowly add the flour mixture into the butter mixture about 1/2 cup at a time (just eyeball it), letting each pour of flour incorporate fully before adding the next.
- Roll the dough into 1-inch balls and set them 2-inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake the brown sugar cookies for 10 to 12 minutes until they're golden brown around the edges, and then remove the cookie sheets from the oven.
- Allow the cookies to rest for a minute before removing them to wire racks to cool completely.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!