Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 1 HOUR
- 1 1/2 cups Organic White Whole Wheat flour
- 1 cup oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup wheat germ (toasted)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups Stonyfield Organic Plain Lowfat Yogurt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° and grease a 9' x 5' loaf pan with non-stick spray or butter.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: whole wheat flour, oats, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt.
- Using an electric stand mixer, beat together yogurt, oil, eggs, vanilla and beat over medium speed. Slowly add dry ingredients until just combined then remove from mixer and rest batter for 10 minutes to allow the bran to hydrate.
- Carefully fold in the blueberries then pour batter into the bread pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let blueberry oatmeal bread cool completely before serving or wrapping as a gift.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!