Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Serves: 12 MUFFINS
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 Tbsp packed brown sugar (for topping)
- 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 apple (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield Organic 0% Fat Greek Plain Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 4 Tbsp packed brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp pecans (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray 12 standard muffin cups with cooking spray (I like to use coconut oil spray, but buttering them will work too).
- Sift the flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, yogurt, butter, apples and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just mixed, careful not to over mix.
- Fill the muffin cups about two thirds full with the muffin batter.
- In a small bowl mix together the 4 tbsp of brown sugar and 3 Tbsp of pecans.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and pecan mixture over the tops of the muffins to make a strudel-type top.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Allow apple pecan muffins to cool for a few minutes in the muffin pans. Then, pop them out and slap a good schmear of real butter on them and DEVOUR.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!