Tossed Salad with Greek Yogurt Goat Cheese Dressing
This simple salad gets dressed up with a rich and creamy goat cheese dressing make with whole milk Greek yogurt.
- 2 small heads romaine lettuce (finely chopped)
- 1 medium carrot (peeled and cut into thin ribbon using the peeler)
- 2 scallions (sliced in long strips)
- 1/4 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 c day old bread (cubed)
- 1/2 T olive oil
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 2 T herb goat cheese (crumbled)
- 1/4 t salt
- 1/8 t ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350°. Toss the bread cubes with the 1/2 Tbsp olive oil and 1/2 tsp salt.
Place on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes until golden and crisp.
In a large bowl, mix the dressing. Whisk the yogurt with the olive oil, lemon juice, crumbled goat cheese, salt, and pepper.
Layer the lettuce, carrot, scallions, and red onion on the dressing and toss everything together. Plate the salads and top with the fresh croutons.