Shrimp and Salmon Chowder
Chowder so rich you won't believe it's made with our Fat Free Stonyfield Greek Yogurt instead of heavy cream!
- 8 Maine potatoes (washed and cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 4 stalks of celery (cleaned and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 t fresh thyme leaves
- 1 T salt
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T unsalted butter
- 1 c dry white wine
- 4 c chicken broth
- 3 c Stonyfield Organic Greek Plain Nonfat Yogurt
- 1 1/2 lb salmon filet cut into 2inch pieces
- 1 1/4 lb raw shrimp (about 24 medium sized, peeled and de-veined)
Calories: 350, Calories from Fat: 100, Total Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 110mg, Sodium: 940mg, Total Carbohydrate: 28g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 34g
In a large stock pot bring 6 cups of water to a boil.
Add 1 tablespoon of salt and cubed potatoes.
Cook for about 10 minutes so they're slightly undercooked.
In a 10 quart soup pot, over medium heat add olive oil and unsalted butter.
Once small ripples form add onions and celery and cook until onions are transparent.
Stir in minced garlic, bay leaves, and thyme.
Reduce heat to medium-low and add white wine and chicken broth.
Add salmon, shrimp, and potatoes.
Let simmer for 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and gradually fold in yogurt.
Reheat slowly to avoid curdling yogurt and serve.