This recipe features ground turkey as an alternative to beef. Yogurt helps to keep this classic “blue plate special” moist and tender.
This recipe features ground turkey as an alternative to beef. Yogurt helps to keep this classic "blue plate special" moist and tender.
Ready In: 1 hour 20 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 57 minutes
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey (mix of dark and light meat)
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup ketchup (plus extra for brushing)
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Smooth & Creamy Plain
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
Preheat oven to 400°.
In a non-stick skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat. Stir continuously until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
Place onions and garlic in a mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and 1/4 cup ketchup. Mix well.
Stir in bread crumbs, yogurt, and egg, let stand 5 minutes. Add turkey and mix well with your hands.
Place turkey mixture into a lightly oiled 9x5x2-inch metal baking pan and brush meatloaf evenly with ketchup.
Bake loaf for 50 to 55 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.