This recipe features ground turkey as a lowfat alternative to beef. Yogurt helps to keep this classic "blue plate special" moist and tender.
Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 57 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 1 1/4 lb ground turkey (mix of dark and light meat)
- 1 1/2 c onion (chopped)
- 1 T garlic (minced)
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 1 1/2 t Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/3 c fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- 1/4 c ketchup (plus extra for brushing)
- 1 c bread crumbs
- 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
Preheat oven to 400°.
In a non-stick skillet, cook onion and garlic in oil over moderate heat. Stir continuously until onion is softened, about 2 minutes.
Place onions and garlic in a mixing bowl and add salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, parsley, and 1/4 cup ketchup. Mix well.
Stir in bread crumbs, yogurt, and egg, let stand 5 minutes. Add turkey and mix well with your hands.
Place turkey mixture into a lightly oiled 13x9x2-inch metal baking pan and brush meatloaf evenly with ketchup.
Bake loaf for 50 to 55 minutes.
Let stand 5 minutes before serving.