Prep Time: 2 HOURS + 30 MINUTES
Cook Time: 30 MINUTES
Chicken Kabob Ingredients
- 1 1/2 lb skinless boneless chicken breast or thighs, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dried za’atar or oregano
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4lemon wedges for serving
Cucumber Yogurt Dip
- 3/4 cup Stonyfield Organic Plain Lowfat Yogurt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped cucumber, peeled and seeded
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pinch black pepper, to taste
- Marinade: Mix lemon juice, olive oil, za’atar, garlic, salt, and pepper together. Put chicken in a zip-locked bag and pour marinade over it. Marinate the chicken at least 2-3 hours or as long as overnight.
- Chicken Kabobs: If using wooden skewers, soak in water at least 30 minutes if grilling outdoors (I usually double them up so they are easier to turn).
- Prepare the yogurt sauce by combining the ingredients in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Thread chicken onto the skewers. You should have 4 kabobs total.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat, oil the grates and cook (indoor or outdoor grill works fine) until the chicken is cooked though, turning often about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Serve grilled chicken kabobs with cucumber yogurt sauce with lemon wedges.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!