Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 50 MINUTES
- 2 cups zucchini grated (squeezed dry of all liquid)
- 1 cup apple (peeled, cored and grated)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon (ground)
- 1/2 t nutmeg (ground)
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Greek Vanilla Bean Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract (if using vanilla yogurt you can omit)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans (walnuts or almonds chopped, optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease a 10X13 inch baking pan or 2 loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray or butter and put aside.
- In a large bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg together and whisk to combine well; set aside.
- Coarsley chop nuts if using and add to flour mixture, whisk to combine.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt and sugar till they all are creamy and come together.
- Grate your zucchini (no need to peel) and put the grated zucchini in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze until all liquid is extracted then measure the zucchini to ensure it's 2 cups
- Then grate your apples and place together with zucchini; add coconut.
- Fold in the egg/yogurt mixture to the flour mixture with a rubber spatula, being careful not to over mix.
- When the mixture is almost fully combined add the grated zucchini, apple and coconut and continue folding until completely combined.
- Pour batter into your pan of choice and put in middle of preheated oven.
- Bake loafs approximately 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean or a brownie pan 20-35 minutes depending on thickness until toothpick comes out clean as well.
- Cool completely, remove from pan and bread will keep at room temperature for several days, under refrigeration for up to a week and frozen as well.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!