- 1 medium-size butternut squash (peeled, seeded and cubed)
- 3 medium apples (cored and chopped coarsley)
- 2 1/2 c chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 t rosemary
- 1/2 t marjoram
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/4 c Stonyfield Organic Plain Greek Nonfat Yogurt
In a large pot, combine squash, apples, broth, onion, rosemary, marjoram, salt and pepper.
Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
Then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer uncovered for about 45 minutes.
Let cool, then put in blender and pulse until smooth.
Add 1 cup of yogurt and pulse to combine.
Return soup to large pot and reheat slowly being careful not to boil.
Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to serving bowl and garnish each with a dollop of yogurt.
Serving Size: 246, Calories: 90, Sodium: 40mg, Sodium Percent: 2%, Total Carbohydrate: 19g, Total Carbohydrate Percent: 6%, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Dietary Fiber Percent: 12%, Sugars: 10g, Protein: 5g, Protein Percent: 10%, Vitamin A: 110%, Vitamin C: 25%, Calcium: 8%, Iron: 4%