Prep Time: 15 MINUTES
Cook Time: 25 MINUTES
- 24 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs, fat trimmed (about 4)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 & 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
White Yogurt Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 6 cups chopped iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- 1 prepared mild harissa, optional for drizzling
- Season the chicken with lemon juice, garlic, cumin, oil, salt and spices. Set aside at least 15 minutes, or as long as overnight.
- Combine the ingredients for the white yogurt sauce and refrigerate.
- When ready to cook, heat a large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the chicken and leave until the bottom is completely browned, about 5 minutes before flipping.
- Cook on the other side for another 4 to 5 minutes, until browned.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the chicken continue cooking, about 10 minutes, until just about cooked through in the thickest parts (no worries if it’s not completely cooked).
- Set aside on a cutting board and chop the chicken into thin strips and add back to the pan to brown and finish cooking, 8 to 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Assemble the salad by dividing the lettuce, tomato and red onion.
- Top with chicken and drizzle with yogurt sauce (this is your dressing) and harissa, if desired. Enjoy your food cart-style chicken salad with white sauce.
Want delicious recipe ideas in your inbox?
Sign up for our newsletter to get recipe ideas in your inbox!