advocating for our earth SINCE 1983
- Stonyfield is born
- First US manufacturer to offset all Greenhouse gas from facility energy use - and we still do!
- Released Stonyfield Environmental Cookbook with recipes to reverse global warming
- Installed NH’s largest Photovoltaic Solar Panel Array (the largest to date at the time!)
- Converted wastewater into biogas in an onsite wastewater treatment system
- Launched Climate Counts, a non-profit organization bringing consumers and companies together to fight climate change
- Opened new green building, designed to use 40% less energy than an average office
- Created mini-billboards on cups. 200M+ lids produced with environmental messaging
- Received the EPA Clean Air Excellence Award
- Published Stirring It Up by Gary Hirshberg
- Launched Greener Cow Project to reduce methane created by cow burps
- Joined BICEP (Businesses for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy) to advocate for a competitive, low-carbon economic future
- Introduced the first yogurt cup made from plants with our YoBaby cups
- Began measuring life-cycle emissions of our products in real time
- Started sending excess yogurt whey to farmers for animal feed
- Forged partnership with Wolfe’s Neck Center for Agriculture and the Environment
- Kick-offed Stonyfield’s Direct Milk Supply Program in our own New England backyard
- Signed on in support of the Paris Climate Accord with other supporting companies
- Supported effort to push the EPA for higher fuel efficiency standards for heavy trucks.
- Became B Corp certified: Stonyfield scores a 92 upon being certified.
- Stonyfielders joined the Climate March in Concord NH
- Shared Stonyfield’s start on NPR’s popular podcast How I Built This.
- Stonyfield declares We Are Still In!
- Launched StonyFIELDS, Stonyfield starts working with communities across America to make all fields organic by stopping the use of harmful pesticides on playing fields.