advocating for our earth SINCE 1983
- Stonyfield is born
- First US manufacturer to offset all greenhouse gas emissions from facility energy use - and we still do!
- Released Stonyfield Environmental Cookbook with recipes to reverse global warming
- Installed NH’s largest Photovoltaic Solar Panel Array (the largest to date at the time!)
- Converted wastewater into biogas in an onsite wastewater treatment system
- Launched Climate Counts, a non-profit organization bringing consumers and companies together to fight climate change
- Opened new green building, designed to use 40% less energy than an average office
- Created mini-billboards on cups. 200M+ lids produced with environmental messaging
- Received the EPA Clean Air Excellence Award
- Published Stirring It Up by Gary Hirshberg
- Launched Greener Cow Project to reduce methane created by cow burps
- Joined BICEP (Businesses for Innovative Climate and Energy Policy) to advocate for a competitive, low-carbon economic future
- Introduced the first yogurt cup made from plants with our YoBaby and Kids cups
- Began measuring life-cycle emissions of our products in real time
- Started sending excess yogurt whey to farmers for animal feed
- Forged partnership with Wolfe’s Neck Center for Agriculture and the Environment
- Kicked-off Stonyfield’s Direct Milk Supply Program in our own New England backyard
- Signed on in support of the Paris Climate Accord with other supporting companies
- Supported effort to push the EPA for higher fuel efficiency standards for heavy trucks.
- Became B Corp certified: Stonyfield scores a 92 upon being certified.
- Stonyfielders joined the Climate March in Concord NH
- Shared Stonyfield’s start on NPR’s popular podcast How I Built This.
- Stonyfield declares We Are Still In!
- Launched StonyFIELDS, Stonyfield starts working with communities across America to make all fields organic by stopping the use of harmful pesticides on playing fields.
- Committed to a science-based climate goal to reduce our carbon footprint by 30% by 2030.
- Helped launch OpenTEAM, a partnership and new software platform to enable farmers to improve soil health and help fight climate change
- Called on Washington to create jobs and recover from the economic impact of Covid-19 through a transition to a cleaner, more resilient economy. We also donated over a million products to front-line workers of the pandemic.
- Received the Climate Collaborative’s Award for Outstanding Company of the Year
- Helped launch the Organic Trade Association’s Climate Change Task Force to build awareness of the benefits organic agriculture offers on addressing climate change
- Committed to 100% renewable energy at our Londonderry, NH, manufacturing facility and 100% renewable electricity on our dairy supply chain by 2025.
- Committed to a carbon positive dairy supply chain by 2030
- Launched the Toxins Calculator with The Organic Center and Organic Valley providing an easy-to-digest breakdown of how impactful organic dairy farming practices are on the environment.