These enchiladas are easy to make and even more delicious to eat!
Ready In: 50 mins
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 35 mins
Yields: Serves 4-6
- 2 t oil
- 1/2 small onion (chopped)
- 1 10oz package sliced mushrooms (if slices are thick, rough chop)
- 1 16oz package frozen chopped spinach
- 16 oz salsa verde (or any salsa you like)
- 2 5.3-oz containers Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Greek Yogurt (or about 1 1/4 cups)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
- For Garnish: sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes and/or cilantro leaves.
Preheat oven to 350°.
Saute onion in 2 tsp oil in a large oven-safe skillet. Add mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes or until all the veggies have softened and their liquid begins to evaporate.
Place frozen spinach in a colander and rinse with warm water. Squeeze as much water as you can from the spinach, then add to the onion/mushroom mixture and stir to combine.
Remove veggies to a large plate to cool for 2 minutes.
Place yogurt in a large mixing bowl; stir the veggies into the yogurt until combined.
Pour about 1/2 cup salsa mixture in the bottom of the skillet (no need to clean first). Place 3-4 tortillas on top of the salsa. Spread some of the yogurt/veggie mixture on top of the tortillas then pour another 1/2 cup sauce over the tortillas. Repeat these layers one more time. Pour remaining salsa mixture on top tortilla layer and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until enchiladas are bubbling and cheese is browned.
Let cool 5 minutes, then serve with dollops of yogurt, sliced avocado, chopped tomatoes and/or cilantro leaves.