Technically, parfaits involves custard (or ice cream), syrup, and whipped cream – delicious elements for sure, but this version is completely guilt free and makes for a great snack that is good for you.
Ready In: 15 mins
Cook: 0 mins
- 2 c Stonyfield Low Fat Plain Yogurt
- 1 1/2 c Strawberries (or other red fruit)
- 1 1/2 c mandarin oranges (or other orange fruit)
- 1 1/2 c mangoes (or other yellow fruit - peaches, pineapples)
- 1 1/2 c honeydew melon (or other green fruit - kiwi)
- 1 1/2 c blueberries (or other blue fruit)
- 1 1/2 c purple grapes (or other purple fruit)
- 2 T honey (optional)
Wash and slice fruit into small pieces.
Line up small glasses (we used 8 oz. tumblers and I also experimented with a wine glass). Spoon a small dollop of yogurt in the center of the glass, then line the bottom edge of the glass with your purple fruit. Use a spoon to push the yogurt up against the fruit to hold the fruit in place. (It's like you're building a brick wall and the fruit pieces are the bricks and the yogurt is the cement.)
Repeat the layering process with the blue, green, yellow, orange, then red fruit. The key to making it look pretty from the outside is making the fruit rings snug around the outside in the different colors. But don't worry about perfection - the most important thing is that your kids have fun with it!
Cover the top (yogurt center) with your red fruit. You can drizzle the top with honey but we didn't bother with it; the fruit had plenty of sweetness on its own.