Jalapenos give a little extra kick to this favorite chilled summer soup. And yogurt helps to cool the palate.
Ready In: 15 mins
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 0 mins
Yields: 8 Servings
- 2 c vegetable juice
- 2 c cucumber (peeled, seeded and sliced)
- 1 c Stonyfield Organic Whole Milk Plain Yogurt
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1/2 c parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 jalapeno (seeded, chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t black pepper
- 2 T lemon juice
- 1 orange pepper (seeded, small diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (seeded, small diced)
- 2 tomatoes (seeded, small diced)
Combine 1 cup of cucumber, scallions, parsley, jalapeno, garlic, salt, pepper and lemon juice in a food processor and pulse until well chopped.
Add vegetable juice and yogurt, pulse until ingredients are well blended, while leaving some texture to the vegetables.
Transfer mixture to a large soup bowl.
Add peppers, tomatoes and remaining cup of cucumber.
Taste and season with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Serve chilled and topped with a dollop of plain yogurt and fresh parsley.
Gazpacho is best if made and served the same day.