Refreshing and good. Cast away those thick, hearty soups of winter and enjoy this cool and creamy creation.
Ready In: 10 mins
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 0 mins
Yields: 6 Servings
- 1 large English cucumber (about 3 cups, peeled and diced )
- 2 1/4 c Stonyfield Organic 1% Milk
- 1 1/2 c Stonyfield Organic Low Fat Plain Yogurt (divided)
- 1/3 c lime juice (4-5 limes, divided)
- 2 large avocados (quartered, pitted, peeled, divided)
- 1 small red onion finely chopped (divided)
- 1/4 c basil chopped (divided)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 c seeded chopped tomato
In a blender, combine cucumber, milk, 3/4 cup of yogurt, and lime juice (reserve 1 teaspoon of lime juice) and blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
Add half of each of the following ingredients: avocado and onion, basil, and salt and pepper to taste and blend.
Divide soup evenly between 6 bowls.
In a medium bowl, (do not use a metal bowl) add remaining avocado, onion, basil, and additional salt and pepper to taste, plus 1 teaspoon of lime juice.
Garnish each bowl of soup with avocado mixture and dollop of remaining yogurt and chopped tomatoes.